Thursday 21 June 2012

Conference dilemmas


So BritMumsLive! Conference tickets booked, train tickets booked, hotel  room reserved. Why, oh why, then, if I am that organised - and believe you me that is organised for me - can I not get my head round packing for this shindig?
The big problem is: What to Wear! Technically as long as I have suit, clean undies and a toothbrush I should be just fine but it’s not that kind of conference.
It’s one where there will be lots of other women. If it had been a normal workaday conference I wouldn’t give two hoots but because it is a conference where most, if not all, the delegates are female I am in a flat spin.
I want to be seen as smart and savvy but not off puttee and grand. I want to be approachable and affable and non-threatening but I want to swagger and show off too. I want to be noticed but not too much. I don’t want to be considered dowdy nor do I want to be mutton dressed up as lamb.
Heels or flats?
Shoes or boots?
Jeans or suits?
Mummy or business woman?
Do I need stuff for going out? Will I get that lucky and hook up with people who want to hang out with me and therefore give me a chance to go out in the first place or will I be Milly No Mates and land up eating a packed supper alone in my hotel room?
Will I be brave or scared rigid?
Will I do a runner when faced with a vast throng?
Will I plunge in regardless and fall flat on my face with a case of foot in mouth – I am so good at that game!
Or will I just wing it, along with my wardrobe …
Wave I’m the one getting it disastrously wrong!

4 comments:

Rob-bear said...

Given today's clothing rules, it's even getting tough for guys to dress properly. (The suit-shirt-tie routine is just not as reliable as it used to be.)

And it's even tougher for Bears.

Tattieweasle said...

Rob bear - surely all you need is the bear necessities! (I've been longing to say that!)

mrsnesbitt said...

What did you wear? Looking forwaRD TO HEARING ALL ABOUT IT!

Tattieweasle said...

Mrs Nesbitt - opted for ubiquitous black jeans and White shirt on day one, may venture into vintage DianaVonthurstenberg tomorrow.....

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin