Monday 2 January 2012

Not quite resolutions…


OK so I said I wasn’t going to do any resolutions but just for today I have sort of...
Started…
Maybe…
Ummm...the Boys are not impressed!
Today I started sorting things out. The first promise I have made for myself. I WILL be more organised.
First it was my bedroom – that den of iniquity – away went the dirty clothes which had been festering in a corner since before Christmas, away went the collection of shoes and boots from under the bed, away went the  boxes and paper and other Christmas paraphernalia.
Half an hour later I mused what to do now and with my tail twitching I set upon the boys rooms…
It was a struggle but they soon got the gist of it. If it wasn’t nailed to the floor or put in the appropriate place off to the big black bin bag in the sky – amazing how motivating this type of clear up can be.
Action man, Lego, teddies you name it all suddenly found safety in their proper designated places.
Satisfied by my clear up inside I set about my hour in the garden. I have sort of promised the garden an hour of my day every day for a year and that’s it, no more than that.
It too gave in gracefully apart for the fight I had with some burdock.
It seems like everything is going my way today.
I have not snacked either…my final promise to myself to finally get rid of the baby weight I gained when I had the youngest. I lost a stone last year but gained half of it back.
So there they are, sneaking in, three promises to myself - not exactly resolutions but something to aim for…

8 comments:

Trish said...

I take my hat off to you. I'm hoping to do something similar with the house once the tree comes down tomorrow. Son's room definitely needs a sort - i just need to make a start and hopefully the momentum will get me to the end!

Tattieweasle said...

Trish - the great bin bag inteh sky is waiting or at least that is what I told my boys - worked a treat!

Expat mum said...

My new thing is to pretend we're moving - it's amazing how much stuff you'd never bother boxing up and carting off to another location.

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

Ah I have those whirling dervish with binbag days! I think those are pretty good new year's resolutions. I wonder if I could do the hour a day for the garden one. You can get quite a lot done in an hour! Does wandering around dreaming in it count as part of the hour or as extra? Happy New Year to you and yours Tattie. I hope it is a good one.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have had a good day, decluttering, as you said on my post 'is good for the soul'. I'm impressed about the garden plan, I always start the year saying - this year we will sort out the garden - maybe this will be the year? X

Anonymous said...

i did this a bit before christmas...was sitting playing with the baby and all of a sudden found myself hauling drawers out and throwing stuff away. Alarmingly tho, i think we actually threw away more than we donated. Proving what i expected all along and that is: we are just storing rubbish!!
Well done you! I wish i had the energy right now to do something similar:)

Pondside said...

Way to go, Tattie! You are on a roll - I can tell. I'd like to stop snacking and lose a few pounds before the wedding in May, but there are still too many goodies from Christmas!

Tattieweasle said...

Expat Mum - brilliant idea! Now all I have to do is persaude the boys...
elizabethm - wandering around dreaming of your garden has to count as it was way to wet and windy for me to be out today!
Mrsshortiesmind - I HAVE to get on top of this garden or I'll be drowning in nettles! Much as I love nettles...
Sarah - I know we store rubbish; heck we store empty shoe boxes!!!!
Pondside - one can only put hope before experience or else I'd do nothing!!!!

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin