Saturday 12 March 2011

Bringing up boys: What ARE they teaching them at school!!!!!

Much giggling and snickering as only little boys can do was going on last night as The Boy had a friend for a sleepover, the very first one we have hosted. I couldn't help but eavesdrop and my how illuminating I found it when I could make out the words over the sound of laughter. I am surprised The Boy could say anything at all he was cracking up so much. I was quite concerned about some of the things I heard, much of it very ribald but I suppose I had better get used to it  living with boys!
Curious to know from whence he learned such a ribald rhymes I asked over breakfast. He looked at me straight and said they were taught it by the maths teacher!!!!!
Now I wonder what mathematical principal he was trying to illustrate......

Jack and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a pail of water
I don't know what they did up there
But they came back down with a daughter!

6 comments:

Wally B said...

Multiplication.

Tattieweasle said...

Legend - of course how dense was I!!!!

Von said...

There's a lot of larnin' in that rhyme Tattie! More to come we expect.

Anonymous said...

Cool maths teacher - clearly got their attention!

Iota said...

Legend in his own lunchtime - very funny!

I was going to say 1+1=3!

Tattieweasle said...

Von - that's just what I am dreading!
Lottie - it certainly got mine!
Iota - absolutely!

Go on you know you want to...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin