Things move fast in the IT world and now some 27 years (Berlimey is it THAT Long??!!!) later, I am hopelessly out of date and frankly struggling on a daily basis just to keep my head above water.
I mean look what has happened to my Avatar - it's headless! It never used to be headless and now it is and to be honest it's not really portraying me at my best. I look ridiculous.
I even struggle with my Canon SLR Digital Camera. I was given it for Christmas three years ago and I just can't get to grips with it. I fear it has more to do with the fact that I did not choose it myself and the little problem I had with the internal mirrors, which in the end cost me £250 to replace. It now sits rather desolately on a shelf in my office gathering dust. I studiously try to ignore it because every time I notice it, I feel very, very guilty. It's one of those things I have on my "To do list" that I must get round to sorting out.
- Pick up camera box
- Take out camera
- Hunt for instructions
- Remember no instructions given as camera bought off e-bay as a job lot by friend of family and sold on at a discount price (Might be why I had to spend £250 and the fact there was no guarantee!)
- Search for instructions for five year old digital camera on line
- Realise that instructions for similar new model have nothing at all to do with the camera I own
- After two hours note that if I put "antique digital camera" in the search option I might possibly find I have more luck in tracking down user manual
- Find instructions on weird Korean web site but just when I think I can press download realise that I need to find $19.99 for the priviledge
- Get frustrated by the fact I have forgotten really memborable password for Pay Pal account
- Set up yet another account with Pay Pal
- Type in new password only to find that it is already taken
- Choose new new password and cross fingers
- Start to download instruction manual of 538 pages of which only three are in English....
So for the time being I am known to the whole wide interweb as the blogger with the avatar of a headless dog - that's if anyone recognises that it is a headless dog and not a vase or something.
P.S. Can anyone help please!!!!!